Monday, January 28, 2013

Lake Wilson Bass Fishing Oahu Hawaii

Just returned from a business trip to Hawaii.  I know, tough job!  I hear it all the time.  I had a quick opportunity to get out with Stan and Chris Wright from www.hawaiibassfishing.com.  What a great day on the water.  Beautiful day, but unfortunately with the recent rains, the water was high and cool.  In fact, here is a shot from the launch ramp area overlooking the little cove off to the left.  Pretty high water.
The guys really like the water a little lower, and quite a bit warmer.  In fact, we were out looking for Peacock Bass and they like the water temperature in the 76-78 degree area, and we were showing about 68.  Kind of chilly.
We had a sort of grey-ish day to start off, but beautiful none the less.  Who would have thought there would be a freshwater lake, with pine trees around.


The fishing was a little slow in the morning, but got better in the afternoon.  Almost as soon as the sun came out I was able to land this Largemouth Bass.  Not bad for Hawaii!
Here I am a little surprised that I actually caught a LMB.


We did manage three Peacocks on the trip.  Here is a picture of Chris with one of his "under 10lb" peacocks, as he called them.


They do actually get them at the lake up to 8lbs or so.  I guess I'll have to go back and try for one of the big guys.  

Aloha!  
Dave


#bassfishing #hawaii #aloha #bass #Okuma

No comments:

Post a Comment