Friday, August 10, 2012

Indianapolis Urban Run 2

After a long day 1 of the show, had a chance to sneak out for a quick 4 miler.  Took a little different route around the canal district and through downtown.  It really is a beautiful area.
Here is a quick shot of my run along the canal, with the storm clouds a'growin.  Every bridge along the canal has artwork from a local artist.  Pretty neat.
After leaving the canal I took a route through downtown.  The only real issue with urban running is traffic and construction.  This is a shot of the biggest crane I have ever seen parked outside my hotel.  All traffic blocked off and diverted.  Once you got within a block or so there was no traffic, but the cops kept telling me to move along.
As I mentioned, I only got in a quick 4 miles.  Made it back to the hotel for a quick shower, then took a nice long 1+ mile walk back along the canal to Creations Grill.
One of my favorite things after a nice run is a cold beer.  Note the sun through the vortex bottle. 

I ate here once before, but something else caught my eye this time.  This is called the Garden Party.  It is a Grilled Portobello and Breaded Eggplant sandwich with sweet potato fries.  Yummy!
Obviously football is quite big out here.  The Colts even have their own ketchup.  Maybe this is why we don't have a team in LA.  No ketchup commitment.

Anyhow, another beautiful day in Indy. 
Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment