Sunday, September 9, 2012

Fort Worth Texas Trinity Trails Run

Fort Worth Texas Trinity Trails Run

Had a chance to sneak out for a quick run after a day of working the NBS show in Fort Worth.  This is a run that I have done over the past couple of years.  Its a run that combines some outdoor feel, with closed in big downtown buildings.

Here is a shot of a big ol' Texas star in the Fort Worth Convention Center where the show took place.  Of course being in Texas, the star is made out of various cowboy hats.



 I was based out of the Courtyard Marriott on 6th and Houston which is where I began my Trinity Trails run.  Here's a quick look of the state building from about where I started my run.
Here is a look at the building as I got closer to it.  Pretty cool acrchitecture.
 
  From here, I run down Commerce street and join the Trinity Trails system.
 
 
I actually join the trail system at a local park.  I can't really remember the name, but I enter the trail behind some building and run down a pretty cool, shaded, windy brick pathway.  Hard to see in the photo, but this brick trail winds back and forth and it kind of steep.
 
 
Once at the bottom, I join up with the Trinity River.  This is a pretty neat little trail system that consists of a dirt/gravel trail as well as a concrete trail.
Here is a shot as I am crossing the Trinity Park bridge heading over to the actual trail.

Once you get onto the trail you can see the dirt and concrete trails running parralel.
This little trail winds and intersects each other with some little changes in elevation.  I stuck to the dirt side and it was pretty fun.
Some parts of the trail get pretty close to the river.  Here is a shot looking back to the 6th street bridge.  Right about here is where I cross the river and start heading back.  I did about 2.5 miles along the river.


Once I cross the river, I run back upriver for about a half mile then join back into civilization running up one of the main streets through town.
Here is a shot of one of the pretty churches along the way.

I came across this monument when running by a park.  This was a tribute to William...somethingrather who donated land to the Fort Worth area.  Kind of cool, and really tall.
 
 
Once I pass the monument, I end up right back in downtown.  Here is a quick shot of some of the building that I like to wind through.


 
In running through downtown, there are always some neat storefronts, and lots of big windows.

After I took the above picture, I realize that someone inside was waving back to me.  From here, I only had about a block left.  I ran back to the hotel and took a quick shower.  This run came in at 4.5 miles. 
 
I did a little research, as I tend to do when on the road, and found a great little Vegan restaurant not too far away.
The name of the restaurant is Spiral Cafe and Bakery.  Pretty darn awesome.  I actually ended up going here two nights. 
Night one I opted for the Canyonero Burrito and Disco Hash.  This was pretty amazing and had just enough spice to make me refill my water glass multiple times.  The Disco Hash was phenominal.  It basically is hashbrown smothered in "cheese" and their own country gravy.
 
 
 
Night two, after the above run, I went back to Spiral Diner and went with the Truck Stop Burrito.  I started off with their Spicy Chipotle "Queso"dilla. 
Here is a shot of the Quesodilla.
 
Here is a shot of the Truck Stop Burriot of Love...with side of hashbrowns.
 
 
And of course, after any successful show, and run, I like to wash it all down with a nice cold one.
 

 

 
We had a great NBS show this year, and even had the chance to sneak in a nice little run.

Happy running!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment